Resident Awards, Select Publications, and Presentations
- Parrott, A Awarded the Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award at ACLPS 2016.
- Forest SK, Vossoughi SR, Connelly C, Stotler BA. Automated laboratories: when technology needs a human touch. The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine. 2018; 2(6): 977-979.
- Vossoughi SR, Perez G, Whitaker BI, Fung MK, Stotler B. Analysis of pediatric adverse reactions to transfusions. Transfusion. 2018; 58(1): 60-69.
- Kunnath-Velayudhan S, Porcelli SA.Isolation of intact RNA from murine CD4+ T cells after intracellular cytokine staining and fluorescence-activated cell sorting. J Immunol Methods. 2018 May;456:77-80.
- Blackburn CW, Vossoughi SR, Ojo B, Gorroochurn P, Marboe CC, Akelina Y, Strauch RJ. A comparison of the Minimal-Touch Technique and the Eversion Technique for microvascular anastomosis in a rat model. Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery. 2017;33(2): 97-102.
- Chikeka I, Paulk A, Haririan A, Papadimitriou JC, Drachenberg CB. Concurrent cytomegalovirus glomerulitis and BK polyomavirus-associated nephropathy in a kidney allograft biopsy. Transpl Infect Dis. 2016;18(2):247-50
- Chikeka I, Matute AJ, Dumler JS, Woods CW, Mayorga O, Reller ME. Use of Peptide-Based Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay followed by Immunofluorescence Assay To Document Ehrlichia chaffeensis as a Cause of Febrile Illness in Nicaragua .J Clin Microbiol. 2016 Jun;54(6):1581-5.
- Huang JM, Chikeka I, Hornyak TJ. Melanocytic Nevi and the Genetic and Epigenetic Control of Oncogene-Induced Senescence. Dermatol Clin. 2017. 35(1):85-93.
- Forest S, Shirazi M, Stotler B. "The impact of an electronic ordering system on blood bank specimen rejection rates." 2016. In press (accepted to the American Journal of Clinical Pathology)
- O'Connor, R. M., Stone, E. F., Wayne, C. R., Marcinkevicius, E. V., Zeigenfuss, J. S., Grueber, W. B., Canman, J. C., Shirasu-Hiza M. Defects in phagocytosis by glia and immune cells in a Drosophila model of Fragile X syndrome. Manuscript accepted J Cell Biol. 2016.
- Allen, V. W., O'Connor, R. M., Zhou, C. G., Hill, V. M., Stone, E. F., Murphey, K. R., Canman, J. C., Ja, W. W., Shirasu-Hiza. M. M. Host tolerance of infection is promoted by dietary glucose and amino acids through insulin and TORC2 signaling. Curr Biol. 2016. Jan 25;26(2):184-94. doi: 10.1016/j.cub.2015.11.051. Epub 2015 Dec 31.
- Blackburn CW, Vossoughi SR, Ojo B, Gorroochurn P, Marboe CC, Akelina Y, Strauch RJ. A Comparison of the Minimal-Touch Technique and the Eversion Technique for microvascular anastomosis in a rat model. Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery. 2016 Oct 21.
- Tran MH, Vossoughi S, Harm S, Dunbar N, Fung M. Massive transfusion protocol: communication ordering practice survey (MTP COPS). American Journal of Clinical Pathology. 2016;146 (3):319-323.
- Ganapathi M, Thomsen M, Vossoughi S, Vundavalli M, Bhagat G, Mansukhani M, Aggarwal VS. A rare case of Diamond Blackfan anemia: identifying the causative mutation using NGS. CAP Today 2016; 30(7):52.
- DeSimone RA, Wontakal SN, Lyashchenko AK, Schwartz J. Acute mechanical hemolysis as a complication of extracorporeal photopheresis in a low-weight child. J Clin Apher. 2016 Nov 28. doi: 10.1002/jca.21520.
- Hooven TA, Hooper EM, Wontakal SN, Francis RO, Sahni R, Lee MT. Diagnosis of a rare fetal haemoglobinopathy in the age of next-generation sequencing. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Apr 19;2016:10.1136/bcr-2016-215193. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-215193. PMID: 27095814.
- Mathew RS, Tatarakis A, Rudenko A, Johnson-Venkatesh EM, Yang YJ, Murphy EA, Todd TP, Schepers ST, Siuti N, Martorell AJ, Falls WA, Hammack SE, Walsh CA, Tsai LH, Umemori H, Bouton ME, Moazed D.A microRNA negative feedback loop downregulates vesicle transport and inhibits fear memory. Elife. 2016 Dec 21;5. pii: e22467. doi: 10.7554/eLife.22467.
- Forest SK, Hod EA. Management of the platelet refractory patient. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2016 Jun; 30 (3): 665-77.
- Riabinina O, Task D, Marr E, Lin C-C, Alford R, O'Brochta DA and Potter CJ (2016) Organization of olfactory centers in the malaria Anopheles gambiae. Nature Communications 7, 1-12.
- Lin, C-C, Potter, CJ (2016) Non-Mendelian Dominant Maternal Effects Caused by CRISPR/Cas9 Transgenic Components in Drosophila melanogaster. G3 Genes|Genomes|Genetics Vol. 6 no. 11 3685-3691
- Lin C-C, Riabinina O, Potter CJ (2016) Olfactory behaviors assayed by computer tracking of Drosophila in a four-quadrant olfactometer. J. Vis. Exp. (114), e54346, doi:10.3791/54346
- Lin C-C and Potter CJ. (2016) Editing transgenic DNA components by inducible gene replacement in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 203(4) 1613-1628; DOI: 10.1534/genetics.116.191783 *F1000Prime Article Recommendation
- Shajo Kunnat Velayudhan, Michael F. Goldberg, Neeraj Saini, Tony Ng, Christopher Johndrow, Alison Joy Johnson and Steven A. Porcelli. Generation of IL-3 secreting T helper cells is associated with microbial challenge at barriers and IL-1 family of cytokines. AAI 2018, Austin TX
- Forest SK et al. Flow cytometry of body fluid specimens: Diagnostic Value and Clinical Utility in patients with or without prior hematologic malignancy. Poster Presentation at Academy of clinical laboratory physicians and scientists (ACLPS) conference June 2016
- Maryam Shirazi, Tamas Gonda, Alina Iuga, Stephen Lagana. Tropical Sprue in a Small Intestinal Transplant Patient. CAP meeting (Las Vegas, NV, 2016)
- Vossoughi SR, Schwartz J, Stotler B. Trends in recombinant factor VIIa usage before and after introduction of prothrombin complex concentrate. [AABB abstract AP91]. Transfusion. 2016; 56(suppl S4):S250A-251A. Poster presentation: 2016 AABB Annual Meeting; 2016 Oct 22-25; Orlando, FL.
- Parrott AM, Shi J & Wu F. The hypervirulent variant of K. pneumoniae is established in New York City. Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (ACLPS) Annual Meeting June 2016
- Forest SK, Ganapathi K, Thomsen M, Vlad G, Bachir A, Bhagat G, Hoehn D. Flow cytometry of body fluid specimens: Diagnostic value and clinical utility in patients with or without prior hematologic malignancy. Poster Presentation at Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (ACLPS) Annual Meeting June 2016
- Patel N, Forest SK, Thomsen M, Vlad G, Bachir A, Bhagat G, Hoehn D. Diagnostic Value of Flow Cytometry as a Screening Tool for Cerebrospinal Fluids in Patients With or Without Prior Hematologic Malignancy. United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology's (USCAP) Annual Meeting March 2016.