Dr. Hua Guo obtained her medical degree from West China School of Medicine. She started her Anatomic Pathology training in China and followed by Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology residency at Northwell Health (previously Northshore-LIJ Health System), New York. She then pursued subspecialty Breast Pathology fellowship training at the University of Texas-MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Breast Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
- Assistant Professor of Pathology & Cell Biology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- NYP Employee Plan
- Student Health
- Medicare Managed Care
- Medicaid Managed Care
- Medicare Managed Care
- Select Care (Exchange)
Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Traditional Medicare
Oxford Health Plans
- Special Needs
- Compass (Exchange)
- Empire Plan
- Medicare Managed Care
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Sichuan University (China)
- Residency: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Fellowship: MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Guo H, Idrovo JP, Cao J, Roychoudhury S, Navale P, Auguste LJ, Bhuiya T, Sheikh-Fayyaz S. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Detection by Chromogenic In Situ Hybridization (CISH) and p16 Immunohistochemistry (IHC) in Breast Intraductal Papilloma and Breast Carcinoma. Clin Breast Cancer. 2021 Apr 22:S1526-8209(21)00084-7.
- Guo H*, Ding Q*, Gong Y, Gilcrease MZ, Zhao M, Zhao J, Sui D, Wu Y, Chen H, Liu H, Zhang J, Resetkova E, Moulder SL, Wang WL, Huo L. Comparison of three scoring methods using the FDA-approved 22C3 immunohistochemistry assay to evaluate PD-L1 expression in breast cancer and their association with clinicopathologic factors. Breast Cancer Res. 2020 Jun 23;22(1):69. (*Co-first author)
- Huang X, Ding Q, Guo H, Gong Y, Zhao J, Zhao M, Sui D, Wu Y, Chen H, Liu H, Zhang J, Resetkova E, Moulder SL, Wang WL, Huo L. Comparison of three FDA-approved diagnostic immunohistochemistry assays of PD-L1 in triple-negative breast carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2021 Feb;108:42-50.
- Marks DK, Kucharczyk J, Kim P, Chyong DI, Gartrell RD, Lu Y, Hibshoosh H, Guo H, Evans TRJ, Lopez J, Kristeleit R, Connolly E, Saenger Y, Kalinsky K. Quantitative Multiplex Immunofluorescence Evaluation of the Tumor Microenvironment in Pretreatment Tumors of Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer and Serous Ovarian Carcinoma Treated with Liposomal Eribulin. Cancer Invest. 2021 Jul-Aug;39(6-7):466-472.
- Altoe ML, Kalinsky K, Marone A, Kim HK, Guo H, Hibshoosh H, Tejada M, Crew KD, Accordino MK, Trivedi MS, Hershman DL, Hielscher AH. Changes in Diffuse Optical Tomography Images During Early Stages of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Correlate with Tumor Response in Different Breast Cancer Subtypes. Clin Cancer Res. 2021 Apr 1;27(7):1949-1957.
- Marks DK, Gartrell RD, El Asmar M, Boboila S, Hart T, Lu Y, Pan Q, Yu J, Hibshoosh H, Guo H, Andreopoulou E, Wiechmann L, Crew K, Sparano J, Hershman D, Connolly E, Saenger Y and Kalinsky K. Akt Inhibition Is Associated With Favorable Immune Profile Changes Within the Tumor Microenvironment of Hormone Receptor Positive, HER2 Negative Breast Cancer. Front. Oncol. 2020, 10:968.
- Haghi N, Guo H, Sajjan S, Navale P, Sheikh H, Gupta N, Cohen N, Brody J, Bhuiya T, Sheikh-Fayyaz S. Optimal Tissue Size for Successful Cytogenetic Yield in Lymphoma Work-up. International Journal of Hematological Disorders. 2020, 4(1), 1-3.
- Zhou Z, Kinslow CJ, Hibshoosh H, Guo H, Cheng SK, He C, Gentry MS, Sun RC. Clinical Features, Survival and Prognostic Factors of Glycogen-Rich Clear Cell Carcinoma (GRCC) of the Breast in the U.S. Population. J Clin Med, 2019, 14;8(2).
- Acharya S, Yao J, Li P, Zhang C, Lowery FJ, Zhang Q, Guo H, Qu J, Yang F, Wistuba II, Piwnica-Worms H, Sahin AA, Yu D. Sphingosine Kinase 1 Signaling Promotes Metastasis of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2019 Aug 15;79(16):4211-4226.
- He J, Lee HJ, Saha S, Ruan D, Guo H and Chan CH (2019). Inhibition of USP2 eliminates cancer stem cells and sensitizes TNBC to chemotherapy through disrupting the Twist/Bmi1 pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2019, 10(4):285.
- Guo H, Mahmood N, Brody J, Gheewala D, Devoe C, Allen SL, Sheikh-Fayyaz S, Sreekantaiah C, Kandala G, Zhang XM. A novel t(11;14)(q13;q32) translocation involving Pellino3 links innate immune and inflammatory signaling to a myeloproliferative neoplasm. Int J Clin Exp Pathol, 2016, 9(10): 10676-10681.
- Zhang S, Huang WC, Li P, Guo H, Poh SB, Brady SW, Xiong Y, Tseng LM, Li SH, Ding Z, Sahin AA, Esteva FJ, Hortobagyi GN, Yu D. Combating trastuzumab resistance by targeting SRC, a common node downstream of multiple resistance pathways. Nature Medicine, 2011, 17(4): 461-469.
- Guo H*, Esteva FJ*, Zhang SY, Santa-Maria C, Stone S, Lanchbury JS, Sahin AA, Hortobagyi GN, and Yu D. PTEN, PIK3CA, p-AKT, and p-p70S6K status: association with trastuzumab response and survival in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer. Am J Pathol, 2010, 177(4): 1647-1656. (*Co-first author)
- Li T, Medeiros LJ, Lin P, Yin H, Littlejohn M, Im W, Lennon PA, Hu P, Jorgensen JL, Liang M, Guo H, Yin CC. Immunohistochemical profile and fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in northern China. Arch Pathol Lab Med, 2010, 134(5): 759-765.
- Lu J, Guo H, Treekitkarnmongkol W, Li P, Zhang J, Shi B, Ling C, Zhou X, Chen T, Chiao PJ, Feng X, Seewaldt VL, Muller WJ, Sahin A, Hung MC, Yu D. 14-3-3ζ cooperates with ErbB2 to promote ductal carcinoma in situ progression to invasive breast cancer by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Cancer Cell, 2009, 16(3): 195-207.